11/4/2014 - Apprentice Lineman Position
McDonough Power Cooperative located in Macomb, Illinois is accepting applications for an Apprentice Lineman position. McDonough Power is a distribution cooperative with approximately 1,400 miles of line serving over 5,000 meters in 7 counties. Macomb is located in west-central Illinois just 40 miles from the Iowa/Missouri border. Macomb is home of Western Illinois University and Spoon River College.
- Graduate of a recognized lineman training program
- Utility experience preferred but not required
- Must have a H.S. Diploma/G.E.D., legible handwriting, and effective communications/interpersonal skills to deal with consumer/members, public, and co-workers.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Class A CDL driver's license.
- Must be able to work outside in varying weather conditions with overtime due to emergencies and being "on call" on a scheduled basis.
- Climbing, stooping, bending, and lifting (100 lbs. unassisted/200 lbs. assisted) required.
- Must gain knowledge of the Cooperative's geographic system and be able to work without supervision.
- Will be required to live within 15 miles travel distance from the office.
- Listed requirements not intended to be all inclusive
The Cooperative offers a competitive wage and a complete benefits package including medical, life insurance, 401K, retirement plan, paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays. McDonough Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested persons should print the application below, complete and submit by November 26, 2014 to:
McDonough Power Cooperative
Attn: Dawn Beck
PO Box 352
Macomb, IL 61455
Please note: We only accept resumes when specific job openings are posted. We do not keep resumes on file for future openings.